Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Article has been written using Lex localis - Journal of Local Self Government Article Form.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word.
- Title Page includes all authors’ names, affiliations, addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses.
- Abstract is around 100 words. Keywords are given.
- End notes are grouped on a separate page.
- All in-text citations are included in the reference list; all references have in-text citations.
- Reference list follows APA style formatting.
- Tables are embedded at the end of the electronic article file.
- Figures are high resolution, and an electronic version is provided; they appear exactly as they should in the journal.
- Written, signed permission for copyrighted material has been obtained where necessary.
- The manuscript is under 15 pages (between 6,000 and 8,000 words) or a special justification for the additional length is added for the editor's consideration.
- The manuscript has been read and corrected by a native English speaker.
- The author of an article agrees to pay a Publication Fee of 490 EUR (excluding taxes) if an article is accepted for publication. To provide open access, this journal has a publication fee that needs to be met by the authors or their research funders for each article published open access. The open-access publication fee for this journal is EUR 1370 (excluding taxes).
It is a condition that the authors assign copyright or license the publication rights in their articles, including abstracts, to Institute for Local Self-Government Maribor. This enables us to ensure full copyright protection and to disseminate the article, and of course Journal, to the widest possible readership in print and electronic formats as appropriate. Authors retain many rights under the Institutes' right policies, which can be found at journal.lex-localis.press. Authors are themselves responsible for obtaining permission to reproduce copyright material from other sources.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.